Rookie Biographies: Thomas Alva Edison
This biography is an introduction to the life of Thomas Alva Edison, whose many inventions included the phonograph and the light bulb.
Looking for biographies that are suitable for emergent readers and relevant to the primary-school curriculum? Rookie Biographies is the answer!
Identical in design and format to the popular Rookie Read-About Science, Geography, and Holiday series, each new Rookie Biographies introduces children to the lives and achievements of pioneering men and women from diverse cultures, eras, and fields. Featuring simple text and full-color photographs, a "Words You Know" glossary, and an easy-to-use index, Rookie Biographies helps readers get to know the people who shaped our world.
- Age-appropriate vocabulary
- Clear linkage between text and photos
- Includes archival reproductions where appropriate
- Positioned in the middle Early Intervention range
- Comprehensive glossary of "Words You Know"
- Index makes navigating subject matter easy
RI.1.5. Know and use various text features (e.g., headings, tables of contents, glossaries, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text.